Jellyfish, why did you bite me? (just a little poem)

Jellyfish, why did you bite me?
Was my skin colour uncomely?
Or are you not into chest hair?
Were my swim trunks too subculture-specific?
Or was the Spanish music doing your head in?
You are more of a Peter Gabriel (non)person, I see! Why didn't you say so?
And you disagree
with the seven-day work week...
Well, you must have your reasons. I know that you won't strike for pleasure. Or would you?
I do feel your pain. It pulses and stings and it's making its way into my blood stream.
You have made your point now. I know you exist. You are hardly invisible (only a little transparent).
I allow you to topple the top of the food chain yet I shan't be walking on tiptoes around you. Nor shall I befriend you.

Jellyfish, I don't mean to sound bitey
I don't value vengeance as such.
I am only asking you kindly:
Please, do not stay in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Banya

London

Busy day (somehow)