Leka nosht

My ex-lovers come from different countries. The memory of some of them still sends (desaturated) butterflies down my stomach. The memory of others sends shivers down my spine.
They varied in build and shape. They understood, interpreted and pronounced the matters of the heart differently. Yet they had one thing in common. They all had a soft spot for...the words Leka nosht, Bulgarian for Good night.

The other Bulgarian words I tried to teach them lacked popularity. They sounded harsh and discordant in my ex-lovers' ears. But not Leka nosht! It must be the soothing sh sound followed by the gentle alveolar stop. One thing is certain: Leka nosht meant Bliss. Mesmerism. Pure poetry.
Before the lights went off, I would invariably see a pair of gleaming eyes and and a pair of loving lips succulently shaping the L sound. Regardless of how happy, sad or surreal our day had been.

My ex-lovers live all in the same place now: in ex-lovers land. Sometimes I visit them there but honestly, it's like going back in time. It takes ages to get back to where I am right now: in my world. Speaking of which, it's getting late in my world. It's time to put my ex-lovers to sleep. I must rest and get ready for all tomorrow's parties.

So Leka nosht.
Лека, лека ношт.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Banya

London

Busy day (somehow)