#LoveIsLove

On my way to the city this morning, my eyes sparkled at the sight of the grand rainbow slogan #LoveIsLove proudly crowning Tottenham Court Rd tube station. I was surprised and impressed. An inclusive slogan of such proportion was more likely to be spotted in my former home Amsterdam.

It was a bold statement with beautiful design bringing warmth and colour to the busy London crossroad and its hustle and bustle.
I tried to take a snap of it, one that would do it the justice, but gave up in the end. I am not good at shooting postcards when I can't attach a story to them. Just as I was processing this thought, an attractive trans-woman walked past me. Her elegant attire emphasised her femininity. Her gait was proud. There was a quiet strength to her appearance.
Unsurprisingly, I was not the only one who registered that. Two middle-aged British ladies paused their Sunday stroll to Primark in what seemed like utter shock, craned their necks in the direction of the disappearing beauty, then looked at each other and shook their heads disapprovingly.
I studied them from head to toe. Blond hair painfully pulled in a bun, uncomfortably skinny jeans and tight tops, faces twisted in an expression of disgust and disbelief. They were far from attractive. Yet it wasn't their physical appearance that made them unattractive. And it certainly wasn't God who made them so. Fear and ignorance did.


I took another look at the rainbow slogan and it made even more sense. It wasn't only beautiful but relevant and important too.
Love is Love. As simple as that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Banya

London

Busy day (somehow)